TOP NEWS

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Maecenas mattis nisi felis, vel ullamcorper dolor. Integer iaculis nisi id nisl porta vestibulum.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hrithik on Cloud 10

Source: Hindustan Times

Besides being a talented actor and one of the best looking men in the film industry, Hrithik Roshan seems to be good at predicting the future, too. Not only did Hrithik win the best actor award at IIFA, his film Jodhaa Akbar dominated the awards function as well, winning 10 awards. Incidentally, Hrithik had predicted the same two hours before the awards ceremony.

“I was born on the tenth day of the month. The floor on which I am putting up [37] adds up to 10, my room number [3700] also adds up to 10. I am going to be very lucky this evening,” Hrithik predicted. And that’s exactly what happened!

Sitting in his suite at the Venetian, it’s hard not to quiz Hrithik about his new look. “I just shaved,” he says looking into the mirror, admiring his French beard.

As the conversation goes on, wife Sussanne enters, carrying shopping bags in both hands. So, did Hrithik take a tour of the city, too? “No, there was no time. But it seems Sussanne has enjoyed her time at the mall.

I will soon know all about this place, as she will sit and tell me about it now.”

As he settles back in his chair to continue the interview, we ask him about the rumours regarding him and Barbara Mori. “My grandfather used to say, ‘If you will let yourself be disturbed by people, that means they have managed to win over you’. I believe in this. I know the truth and so does my wife. Beyond that, no third person matters to us,” he says.

But why did he walk the red carpet with Barbara and not Sussanne at Cannes? “Cannes was a platform to publicise the film [Kites]. Anything that can represent the film in the best way should be done at such a forum. Barbara and I did the same. It was purely a professional decision taken by my dad.”

And has the controversy changed him in any way? “Despite my long career, I’ve never been dragged into controversies. I am a peaceful guy. I don’t confront people and I don’t like arguments. I am not a star and I don’t understand stardom. I am happy the way I am,” he says.Macau, when prodded by host Boman Irani to sing, after much deliberation and discussion with wife Susanne, Hrithik took the mic and sang the famous Amitabh Bachchan Yaarana song, Tere Jaisa Yaar Kahan. And boy, could he croon.

0 comments: